Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bistro-Mathics

Oh how I love the writings of Douglas Adams. I love listening to the old Hitchhiker's radio shows when I'm at my job. This segment is classic. It's about how the most advanced and complex mathematics in Universe is based on the interplay that happens in restaurants. The part about the non absolute values of numbers based on a table reservation is brilliant, especially if you've ever tried to make one for a large group before. It's always a clusterfuck.

4 comments:

mel said...

i'm going to have this in my brain when i go to work on sunday. its hostess hell.

Nerd Love-Bot said...

Haha! Maybs it will help put all that running around into some perspective. Like you're solving some really complex equations and you're a genius.

mel said...

yeah, like how many seat patterns could a party make before they actually sit the fuck down, get out of the way, and stop asking me for coffee, cause i'm not the damn waitress.
sorry if i sound just a tad disgruntled.

Nerd Love-Bot said...

Hah! Feel free to unburden yourself anytime.