Thursday, September 10, 2009

We're serious about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Steph and I went to the Yeahs (the other two yeahs are becoming terribly monotonous to type) show last night at the fabulous Fox theater in Oakland. It ended up being a great show. Karen O was fun to watch especially when Steph noted that she was a little reminiscent of Molly Shannon's Mary Katherine Gallagher character in her quirky stage moves. Karen O is a "superstar!" Not only were Karen O's dance moves up for scrutiny but the audience as well. Steph and I are brutal dance judges and let me tell you, the girl in the striped pants was just bizarre. As for the show I have but this to say, and it's really an open note to all bands: Enough with the ridiculously predictable encores! Seriously just tell us you require a minute to gather your thoughts or else just play straight til the end. Also on a side note I loathe public restrooms but Fox theater I would make a pee in your bathroom again anytime! In fact I may go to shows there just to use their nice bathroom. Also before hand we stopped off at a little french restaurant called Spencer's that operates out of a truck on Folsom st. We had frog legs and a halibut bisque. It was tasty! I have uploaded a terrible photo from the night. I couldn't get a better one at the time so we gave up.


Wherever you go, there you are

No comments: